Creating a Smooth Process
Our skilled project teams will help you plan and implement your migration with an end-to-end service.
Virtual tech Gurus works with your team at every stage from opportunity identification, initial assessment and implementation to ongoing management.
The service is suitable for storage, server, application or exchange migration, and migration to the cloud.
Virtual tech Gurus uses our patented automation tool ZENfra to ensure a successful end-to-end transition. This helps lower costs by up to 25 percent and reduce migration times by 30 to 40 percent compared to traditional in-house methods.
How It Works
Virtual tech Gurus works with you through every stage of the process
1. Planning & Preparation
- Clearly identify scope.
- Validate migration process flow
2. Inventory Discovery
- Collect server sizing information.
- Identify cluster servers
- Scan network segments for additional servers
3. Migration Scheduling
- Obtain schedule approval
- Group servers into workloads
- Verify the VMware environment will support the servers
4. Change Management & Approval
- Right size servers
- Complete change management requirements
- Obtain technical approvals
- Validate workload
- Validate virtual infrastructure
- Perform a dry run of the servers if possible
6. Migration Process
- Execute migration
- Add/remove specified software to the virtualized server
- Verify all service running prior to the migration are running
- Verify all hardware specific software has been removed
8. Owner Validation
- Conduct application validation
- Approve or reject server migration
We Love Making Our Customers Happy
"There was nothing in the process that we thought could have been improved, but we were proven wrong. We were extremely happy with the way the project was managed."
- Major Motorcycle Manufacturer
An ideal time for an IT infrastructure assessment of your network may be before a large rollout that is expected to change the nature of your network structure. For instance, a decision to move to the cloud, the addition of new applications, or simply to understand where needed improvements exist could all be the best … Read moreRead More
VTG Receives Dell’s Best Creative Thinking Partner Award for its Innovative Data Migration Solution ZENfra™
Addison, Texas – Dell EMC recognizes Virtual Tech Gurus, Inc (VTG) with the 2018 “Best Creative Thinking Partner” award for their impressive candor approach and dedication to continuously seeking improvement opportunities at an award ceremony of Dell’s Services partners in Austin, Texas on October 1st, 2018. “Their pro-active approach to updating their business model with regular … Read moreRead More
DevOps has been widely adopted in the software business, but does it have a place in the wider IT environment? DevOps has proved to accelerate project times, reduce reworking and support innovation by breaking down barriers between team members, increasing collaboration and introducing higher levels of automation. Those benefits can be important for IT teams … Read moreRead More